Dan has begun a masters program for his Masters in Education with principal certification! This week is his last week then he has off until September... unfortunately this week is an intensive course and after looking over his syllabus he is to spend 10 hours a day onilne... gah!
We changed Milo's crib into a big boy bed and switched up our nighttime routine so that he is no longer nursing to sleep! Yes that is right we are beginning the weaning process... There have definitely been tons of tears and sobbing but I think I am finally getting to a point of acceptance... OH and Milo is doing pretty good too :) haha in all seriousness Milo is a rock star and after crying the first night (in Dan's arms) he really hasn't had that much trouble! Dan is still having sleepovers in his room (just for the first week of transition) which I think Milo is loving!!!
Anyway to help ease my transition to weaning I made Dan take some pics of me and Milo nursing. It has been such an amazingly special bond that I am sad to see it go. I know Milo is growing up and this is all part of his independence but it has been our biggest connection and bonding since he has been born! I am so proud of myself on making it 2 years of breastfeeding! It has been such an amazingly wonderful experience I am so thankful that we stuck with it through the beginning craziness, Milo's hospitalization and 2 nursing strikes! It really has been all worth it!
and my favorite <3
I promise I will try and update more often!! Sorry I'm such a slacker :)




No comments:
Post a Comment