I apologize for the ridiculously long break... it has been a ROUGH winter for us in terms of sickness and just all around busy season for me (Christmas and Easter are not times off when working in the Church)
I hope that you all had a blessed CHRISTmas and a glorious Easter!! We have been trying to soak up every moment of family time together and enjoying our little blessings as the continue to grow each time that we blink! It is truly amazing how quickly it happens... we are just about 5 weeks out from Blakesley's FIRST BIRTHDAY (tears those are tears you see in my eyes why yes they are my baby grew too fast)
She is already talking and trying to walk... her brother keeps her hopping! She is our little daredevil where Milo NEVER was!! She has already eaten receipt paper and tried to crawl off the bed!! She is truly fearless and teaching me much about fully trusting a mommy and daddy to keep you safe... Makes me think of how much faith we should have in our own heavenly parents to keep us safe... we must trust them even when we don't like their answer to prayer (or the fact that a receipt does not count as a meal)
| |||
I got to take Milo on a date tonight to get some frozen yogurt and we talked about how much fun we had today hiking and making homemade pizza but then he just looks at me with those BIG eyes and says but mommy right now is my favorite with ice cream and you... melt my heart that little boy does!! (i think the fact that the featured flavor was pink lemonade helped too haha)
MAMA .... Blakesley finally figured out that mama means me :) I absolutely LOVE LOVE LOVE hearing here little voice yell for me (even if it is 4am and Dan took her out to try and let me sleep) It is just the most glorious sound... She also says mama in reference the the Blessed Virgin Mary! She just adores her when we go to church! Her statue her picture everything Mary puts a huge smile on this little girls face. I remember Milo having the same fascination and in some ways he still does. She talks to her all during mass and so badly just wants to take her picture off the wall (it is like 4 feet tall!!!) I hope and pray that Dan and I can cultivate the love of the Blessed Virgin Mary in their lives... Milo and I got to pray a decade of the rosary last night and he peacefully fell asleep to the ancient prayer... a cry out to our heavenly mother... it was a beautiful moment...
I have been thinking a lot about how God has entrusted these two little souls to us and I can only hope that we continually are pointing them back to Him...
| |||
That verse plays over in my head as we continue our Jesus time each night and praying when we get in the car on the way to school. It is amazing to see how much they understand. At our Good Friday service Milo was in awe of the reverence of the whole service... afterward we went up to see Jesus on the cross and his little hand touched the crown of thorns so gently almost like he was comforting Jesus... we had a long talk about the cross and crucifixion (as much as his little mind could handle) and it was just beautiful to watch the reverence that he felt for the day even at the age of 3 he got it as much as he could have... it was just absolutely beautiful.
Easter was filled with gifts and eggs and fun but Milo still would say I like the presents but I know mommy its all about Jesus today! Makes my heart swell that kid!!
Because no post is complete without a picture :) unfortunately it is from Christmas because pictures from jan feb and march are still on my camera!!!!!! I promise to come back to this space more often (and take pictures off of my camera more often haha)


Love :)
ReplyDelete