
I have been thinking quite a bit back to that first week when Milo was 4 days old and went "psycho baby" as we like to call it! He was completely limp, his eyes rolled back, and his breathing was intermittent... Usually when I think back to our little man being so sick at only 4 days old I tear up and choke up... thinking to how they tried 3 times for a spinal tap, his mri, eeg, echocardiogram the list goes on and on and on of all the tests that he went through!
Lately though when I think of it though I feel immensely blessed as to how it all turned out. I take a look at my sweet sleeping baby boy (make sure he is still breathing because although i feel blessed i am still paranoid haha) and then I take a look at Dan and I and how strong we are. We all came through it with a new sense of what family is, a new sense of the strength of our bonds, our courage, and our marriage but probably most importantly a new sense of how God takes care of us. God certainly gave us a difficult introduction into parenthood and we often felt like He threw us in the deep end before we knew how to swim but we figured it out. He gave us the tools, the support and the instinct.

Just as a reminder though of the fragility of life and that we must always be appreciative for the blessings that are bestowed on us here are some pictures of our courageous little man...

No comments:
Post a Comment