Yup she is here and has been for 8 weeks now :) We are settling nice into being a family of 4!! Milo is beyond in love with his sister and just absolutely adores her!!! I am so proud of the big brother he has become and just what a little man he is... he truly is growing in leaps and bounds each and every day!!
Here is Blakesley's birth story :) It truly was a whirlwind of a day!
My contractions began at 3am on Tuesday morning but were not timeable they would go from 15 minutes to 30 minutes apart back to 20 minutes apart and get down to 7 minutes apart it was crazy. I couldn't really sleep so I took a bath and kept timing them. I sent Dan to work (an hour away) because I really didn't think I was close at all. My mom came over to help with M and by 9am they were only 4 minutes apart and coming STRONG!
I called the dr and the nurse said yeah head on over to the hospital. I called Dan immediately... We almost stopped for a bite to eat (i was starving) but after having 3 contractions in the car with Milo in the backseat constantly asking me what was wrong I decided it was best to just head to the hospital

They didn't even check me in and my dr took me back to check me and I was 7cm... I requested an epidural right away and they said they had to get a bag of fluid in me first so off we went to a labor and delivery room! Dan showed up right around then and I was so thankful! I was so worried he wouldn't make it in time!!

It seemed to take forever to get an epidural and for the bag of fluid to go through my iv so they checked me again and I was already 9-10 cm... the pain was crazy intense and they said if I feel the need to push to push I basically said no not until I get an epidural (I know my pain threshold haha)
They ended up giving me the epidural at 10cm and waited a few minutes for it to take. It was like pure heaven
i turned on my labor playlist (I am addicted to the song welcome to this world by rennee and jeremy and wanted it playing when she entered the world)It was finally time to push and after 10 minutes our beautiful baby girl entered the world. It was a crazy whirlwind I looked down and saw her feet which were a little blue but thought nothing of it... then they placed her on my chest for 2 seconds and I noticed the cord was cut and not by Dan... she wasn't crying and they were suctioning her out like crazy... the gave her some oxygen as well and finally after a couple of minutes that seemed like an eternity I heard her cry
music to my ears!!! apparently the cord was wrapped around her neck when she came out... my dr was awesome and it was still a great birth experience despite the scare!!!Blakesley is an amazing nurser and sleeper!!! she gives us a good 8-9 hours right in the beginning of the night :) straight until 5am!!! Such a difference compared to Milo!!!!
and because I love pictures here is more of our precious little blessings <3
i love how he loves her <3
anatomy of a nap
In Florida for Uncle Jer Jer's weddding...
at the beach!
my dancing boys
with his uncle Jer Jer









No comments:
Post a Comment